Thursday, April 28, 2016

Cosplay In 20 Days Or Less: Day 17

          Cosplay In 20 Days Or Less: Day 17

Friday is the last day... Something tells me my sword wont be ready in time. As it is right now (covered in Gesso and drying) I will have to stay up through the night applying Gesso then Plasti-Dipping it.
Today has been a day...
I got a TON done.  So lets go!


 I cut this shape out in craft foam and it is ready for heat shaping.... I am terrified because I have never done this before so wish me luck!
This is the fabric that I got for the sword bag.
It is seriously just soooo perfect and that thrills me because I don't think I can take too many more problems...

It is going to be almost the perfect length.
The folds wont be entirely proportionate to the show but I am not concerned about it.

The folds are still 2 inches at least so that is good enough for me.
I still have to make/add the straps on tomorrow and I don't know how I am going to do that but I do know that means I have to fix the sewing machine. -_-

I started doing the Gesso coats. I think I am dying inside slowly because this is taking forever and I don't have that kind of time!
I have about 2-3 coats on each side and I need 7-8. Good thing I have all day off tomorrow

because I am gonna need it. After the gesso comes primer (plasti-dip) then paint, then details (pommel, tsuba, etc) and finally weathering and sealing.
Something tells me that I am screwed.

Mikata loves me and bought me 300 safety pins because I was down to about 20.
I am a convention angel, someones costume breaks? I gotcha. I am prepared for anything and I don't charge! I give supplies away all

the time.

The blazer received its final liquid stitching.
Something about the perfect distances between the bobby pins made my soul feel a little bit better.

I weathered the pendant.
By that I mean, I practiced on the Pendant so that I don't majorly screw up the sword, which I will manage anyways. ;)

This is the tail with the LED's turned on.
I am not gonna bother with the LED's at this con because it will be too light for them to be visible. I still wanted you guys to see how awesome they look :)

Practicing cutting out the Tsuba and I realize that I need to practice my drawing skills.....
It looks a lot like the bat signal..

I am going to keep trying.
The jacket dried so I took a few quick pictures for you guys.
Forgive my casual shorts, I enjoy being comfortable sometimes.

A better picture of the jacket.
It looks better because it isn't on me XD
I know it isn't identical to the one from the show but... Creative liberties?

Stitch Witchery.
I think this stuff is just tiny strings of hot glue that you re-melt in between layers of fabric.
Wait, maybe its magic!
Witchery implies magic... Guys, I AM MAGIC!  If only I

could find some Ab Witchery
Mikata being her awesome self and helping me iron the sword bag.
The iron scares me.
It puffed out some steam and I jumped and whispered "You made it mad..."
She laughed at me.

My attempt to cut the Tsuba out of poster board didn't go so well but I think that's because I was tired and cut corners. Literally.




Tomorrow I have to finish the sword, attach straps to the sword bag and concoct a tsuba and pommel! Someone save me?
I am gonna go get a few hours of sleep, hopefully.
See ya tomorrow!
~Aki Ame Okami



No comments:

Post a Comment