Saturday, June 11, 2016

A Chapter A Day: MANGA Bloody Mary by Akaza Samamiya

                  A Chapter a Day: MANGA Day 1 
We will be reading and reviewing, or I suppose a more accurate term is "reacting" to the manga Bloody Mary written by Akaza Samamiya.

First, if you want to read about it here is the Manga Fox Link and if you want to read it online here is the KissManga Link (They actually have a lot of it on there for once) Hello there and welcome back to A Chapter A Day with Aki Ame Okami! This time around we are exploring the first two volumes in the popular supernatural/shounen ai themed manga "Bloody Mary"!

These reviews will be brief because manga, unlike books, is released in volumes and in a volume there are 3-4 chapters so I only have roughly 8 chapters of this story. That is okay though, Bloody Mary isn't finished yet so we are just sampling it and seeing if any of our fans like it.

Alright, how did I get my hands on the first 2 volumes? I went to a local Barnes and Noble (Which wasn't easy, it is an hour away) and purchased them with Heiwa's money. She spoils me but I am fine with it. Now if you want to read along with me I have done a "no-no" and provided a link to where you can read it online for free just below the title.
So without further delay let us read! (To be specific we are reading the entire first volume)

~~~~30-ish minutes and some ooh's and ahh's later~~~~



Mary is soooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! Here, look for yourself!




Now I am not usually a Neko-boy person, its a whatever. If they have ears great, if not that's okay too. BUT Mary and his hoodie ears are just... They are too cute. His entire personality is just so adorable and sad. Even if you didn't read along with me you can tell from the top right picture that Mary has an extreme death wish. He hunts down the only person who he thinks can kill him and begs him too. This is where Maria comes in.


Completely opposite to Mary, Maria wants to live. Apparently his blood is delicious and anytime he leaves the school or church he will constantly get attacked by vampires so he must have had a very depressing and lonely child hood.       
We don't get to learn much about Maria in
This picture made me laugh so I had to use it...
the first few chapters.
Basically, we learned that he 1. Is a smooth man with everyone. 2. Likes Mary 3. Has a strange relationship with Takumi 4. Must have a deep dark past because he is one of the MC's in a supernatural Manga.                     
As usual, the first volume is a fantastic intro that pulls you in, provides you with enough unanswered questions that keep you reading. It also has a good amount of comedy, chemistry and mystery in a fresh way that doesn't scream cliché or copyright.


     Also, This is Takumi the class president that Maria has a weird relationship with. IT IS SO FLIPPING HARD FINDING PICTURES FOR HIM!!!!! EDIT: I had a few pictures of him but the links died on me so that sucks :/
That is all :)

I wonder how Mary and Maria are connected and I want to read more of their adorable fun facts <3  I cannot wait to review volume 2 with you guys sometime in the next few days!!!

~Aki Ame Okami  

No comments:

Post a Comment