Monday, June 13, 2016

So You Live With A Cosplayer

                           So You Live With A Cosplayer


Living with a cosplayer isn't easy. You see all kinds of crazy things that might disturb you or scar you for life, literally..

 

Credit to Cosplay.com where I found it.
When you want to know what happened to that one really expensive pan you bought when you moved out and your Cosplayer roommate assures you that the pan is in a better place.
The trash can, or secretly in their closet.  



                       I am why we can't have nice things :/





How about when you bring home your date just to find out about your roomies monthly cosplay poker night? She could be into it....
Made this just for this post :P I admit that there is a flaw just to annoy people.

How about when they actually need help with a project? I cannot tell you how many times I have made my roomies pin me, hold something I was gluing/sewing, or wear something so I could make sure it was right. At least I have never needed help with a duct tape body.... yet. I want to make these and put them in trash bags and leave them in random places.
credit to deviantart and its timed out links.








 
Credit to the cosplayer
How about when your roommate wants to know if you are willing to cosplay a human puppet to go with their Sasori?
(Character: Sasori Anime: Naruto Shippuden)











Credit to the Cosplay

Those times when you get in a fight and call your cosplay roomie Satan.
Then they get a great idea and cosplay Satan, or Hades....

Then follow you around walmart saying
"He summoned me and can't put me back!" or "Yeah, the good influence was sick today so we are gonna go scare the children." To a total stranger...  





Credit to the cosplayer

When you have to pick your roomie up from the police station because they got a little carried away while they were in character....
A Slender Man hanging around the park enticing little children is definitely going to attract police officers....









Don't get me started on having to share a bathroom with a cosplayer. In my case I keep all of my personal stuff in my room and use a mirror in there. One of my roomies has the nick-name "The bathroom Nazi" because they are super possessive over the contents of the bathroom and everything has to remain in its designated locations etc... I just withdrew my belongings and retreated to my quarters. Except when I am doing cosplay makeup. Then I want the best lighting while I am applying it, just to be sure I don't screw it up.



I not-so-proudly admit that this has happened to me. They were concerned about the fridge door being left open......
Gotta love them, because murder is illegal.

This is a recreation of that convo. Mine was more recent....




You have to remember that, while you certainly have struggles living with them, the fact that they do this with you or in front of you means that they like and trust you.  Don't make them regret that ;)






Treat your cosplay roomies right and you will get the honor of being friends with some of the most amazing people out there.
Just remember that you will survive the insanity!!!!!
(Probably)

 
 
 
 
I am off to resume my prop making projects. Hope you enjoyed the read!
 
~Aki Ame Okami












 

No comments:

Post a Comment